[ubuntu-marketing] Global Petition for Free Software

Danny Piccirillo danny.piccirillo at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 2 09:16:06 BST 2008

This petition at http://devalpatrick.com/issue/freesoftware asks for the
government of massachusetts to use Free Software exclusively. What if there
were a website where you could ask that your (federal and, if a large
country, local) government to adopt free software exclusively? It would also
be cool to see an interactive map showing the degree to which free software
has been adopted around the world.

This isn't ubuntu-specific so maybe this could be done under the free
software foundation?

One of the biggest challenges with this movement is helping non-technical
people understand the issue and why it matters. I'm not sure how to pursue
this idea further so please let me know if this is a good idea, how it could
be better, and/or what to do for this