[ubuntu-marketing] Submission for "I am Ubuntu"

Christopher Swift chris.r.swift at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 31 21:02:50 GMT 2008

If you're interested on my debate with myself about which term I felt best
to use I've settled with "Helo, fy enw i yw Chris a dw i'n Ubuntu" but to be
honest I'll settle with the standard English format since it promotes
uniformity rather than variations. On a side note however, I've been
thinking ahead beyond individual clips now. I've been thinking should we
watermark the first 5 seconds or so with something like "Recorded by the
Ubuntu community" and should we have something that tells us what the heck
Ubuntu is? We could have a 4person box all saying hello my name is x and I
am Ubuntu, then following that we can have the 4 or so people telling us
points about Ubuntu and it's philosophy. "Ubuntu is a free, more secure
alternative to Windows" "Ubuntu is built on the foundation of humanity to
others" I'm sure that the rest of you can elaborate the wording on that, as
you can tell my language skills aren't too advanced when it comes to
advertising but I have a general idea of what the scenarios should be like
or theories at least. I'll add more ideas when the site gets up and we might
have some more participation. Hopefully we can get some forums ready soon
however :).

Regards,
Chris.