[ubuntu-marketing] whyubuntu.com (Martin Meredith)

Martin Meredith mez at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 28 20:58:25 GMT 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 11:30:29AM -0500, Nick Ali wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Jacob F. Roecker <jacob at roeckerfam.com> wrote:
> > whyubuntu.com will be purchased with a registrar on Monday (don't like
> > making other people work on Sunday).  The space has already been allocated.
> >
> > Please contact me directly (jacob at roeckerfam.com) if you're interested in
> > working on this so I can build an email list, distribute the password &
> > discuss layout etc.
> >
> Have your discussion on a public list, not tucked away in a private
> email thread. You will see more people interested and willing to help
> out  if they see some progress is being made.
> Make the process as transparent as possible.

Agreed, I can setup a list if need be.

I think however, that Jacob was talking about setting up the server, etc etc.
And allowing access, which should be done in private.

However, Jacob, before setting up the technical side of things, it'd be better
to discuss and get a plan sorted out first. But register the domain name in a
timely manner, before squatters come and take it.