[ubuntu-marketing] The "I'm Linux" Video Contest (Mike Feravolo)

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Dec 22 13:31:51 GMT 2008

2008/12/22 Mike Feravolo <321.784.5553 at earthlink.net>:
> I am confused about how "I'm Linux" is going to sell anything to anyone,
> maybe you should consider using the mascot "Tux the Penguin" is you are
> going to produce a copycat commercial in the first place.

The way I read it there is no _requirement_ for it to be "I'm Linux"...

"While you may be inspired by the Apple or Microsoft commercials, it's
not a requirement to parody or make reference to them."

I certainly wouldn't make anything that makes reference to them as the
Mac ads are old and the Microsoft ones are a poor imitation (of an old
concept), so what would that make a second generation copy?

Cheers,
Al.