[ubuntu-marketing] request for review of Ubuntu 7.10 beta release notes
mdz at canonical.com
Thu Sep 27 11:50:03 BST 2007
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 06:19:23PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Thanks in large part to the work of Martin Pitt, release notes for the Gutsy
> Gibbon beta are now available in the wiki:
> If anyone has time over the next few hours to review this web page for
> errors, having the additional eyeballs on it before the beta release
> tomorrow would be most welcome.
- s/Feisty/Ubuntu 7.04/g (I fixed the most prominent instance, in a section
- Instructions for upgrading need to be step-by-step, and a single set of
instructions (not alternatives). Folks who prefer the terminal will be
able to intuit what to do.
- Fast user switching should explain the benefit of the feature: it's useful
for multi-user systems, such as in families, where several people share
the same computer
- Likewise for Firefox plugins. Why does it matter?
- Likewise for dynamic screen configuration - specific benefits. This makes
projectors just work for many folks, e.g.
- "NTFS Writing" should be replaced with something less technical; lead with
the benefit (read and write files on your Windows partition)
- "tasks" (as in server tasks) is jargon; I suggest we call these
installation profiles or similar (agree with Rick)
More information about the ubuntu-marketing