[ubuntu-marketing] Replace the UWN with something a little more "Social"?

Adam adamant1988 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:36:44 GMT 2007

On 3/1/07, Corey Burger <corey.burger at gmail.com> wrote:We already have the
fridge, so here is a possible idea:

Break up the UWN into discrete bits
Each bit would be like loco news, last weeks packages, etc.
Each bit would be a seperate story on the fridge.

This would mean each bit could be released on a specific day.

Does that work?

              I think you misunderstood what I was talking about.  Yes the
fridge is there, and look at the community participation in it.  The
articles are short and appear as though they were written by a machine.  I'm
talking about more "organic" articles, where you can tell the author is
actually a person, with opinions etc.   It's a common trend anymore for
companies and organizations to communicate with their community through
blogs.  Even Novell's openPR team posts blogs that feel organic, concerning
the goings on with the company.  Surely there would be less trouble creating
a blog to talk about Ubuntu in the news.  It wouldn't die if the main
members disappeared, etc.