[ubuntu-marketing] Marking the Feisty release

Richard Houston rhouston at rlhc.net
Thu Mar 1 19:04:40 GMT 2007

> On 3/1/07, Jono Bacon <jono at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I was involved in some discussions yesterday about coming up with some
>>  ideas of how to mark the Feisty release in a unique and interesting
>> way. The idea is that the community could do something interesting,
>> attention grabbing and potentially wacky that will not only show off
>> the community but also mark a new Ubuntu release.

What about encouraging some video shorts much like Firefox did or is doing?

Also what about encouraging supporters to contact there local papers and
or TV outlets and getting a press release out to them. Maybe the Pres
release could be from Canonical? If we hit enuff outlets someone has got
to bite. At very least we we maybe able to increase awarnes of the Ubuntu
platform to the media people?

It would be nice to get some press to the general public to reise
awareness of Ubuntu/Linux and Open Source in general.

Just some thought.