[ubuntu-marketing] Ubuntu ranking - Distrowatch site

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 18 20:56:32 BST 2007

On Monday 18 June 2007, Mehdi Hassanpour wrote:
[snip]
| As I know their latest release was not shipped with Proprietary codecs and
| drivers!

Well they are there on the LiveCD w/o a doubt. I know because it automatically
uses the FGLRX drivers so I can change my resolution much higher, which can't
be done correctly with my LCD with the ati or radeon driver.

| From their official release notes:
| "Please note PCLinuxOS does not ship with Win32codes or DVD decryption
| software. Proprietary Nvidia and ATI drivers available after hard drive
| install."
| http://www.pclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24&Itemi
|d=2

They are there on the LiveCD from what I can see here right now.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at ubuntu.com
GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124