[Ubuntu-ma] [ubuntu-ma] C++ help

Nordin bouchtaoui at gmail.com
Ven 20 Aou 08:42:22 BST 2010

If you want to start writing C++ code, I suggest you use Code::Blocks.
Code::Blocks is doing the building automatically for you. I'm also using
Code::Blocks for C/C++.
Another one is CodeLite. If you than begin to understand coding simple
little programs, than learn how to use Makefiles, I can help you with that.
Makefiles are horrible, so I'll show you how to use Makefile.am and the
autotools. Than we can both jump to CMake as that is likely to be the
new standard and it's much better.

Download both and try out Code::Blocks and CodeLite.
For Code::Blocks you should download the latest version, which is 10.05
A French guy has a repository specially intended to get the latest
Code::Blocks 10.05.
Ubuntu has only the older version 08.02 (I guess).

CodeLite is continuing developing, so there are a lot of releases. But
for simple use, just download the version Ubuntu has.

If you have any questions relating to C/C++ coding, compiling or
whatever, just ask, cause I'm familiar with it.