[UCLP] Lernid project for class participation via IRC

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 26 00:19:36 GMT 2009

Hey folks,

At the Ubuntu Developer Summit this past week there was a session on
the Ubuntu Learning Project, as well as discussion related to Open
Week. Related to Open Week during one of the Community round tables it
was mentioned how well (or not?) the web-based IRC client ended up
working for folks, and a possible Desktop client for making
participation easier was tossed around.

Jono Bacon turned the idea for a Desktop client into a reality with
the Lernid project:

Blog Entry: http://www.jonobacon.org/2009/11/25/introducing-lernid/

Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/lernid

Whether we help with development or simply promote use of this for our
classes, I think it could be really useful for the IRC-related
portions of our project.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com