[Ubuntu Leadership] Leadership Mentioning Program

Ali Linx ali.linux at amjjawad.net
Fri Nov 28 00:24:52 UTC 2014

On 11/28/2014 03:56 AM, Svetlana Belkin wrote:
> All,

Hi all,

> This also CC'd to the CC and LP since some of the members of those
> teams aren't a part of the Leadership Team.  Anyways, here's the idea
> for the mentoring program:
>
> A co-op with the CC and LC, for community and LoCo leaders, new and
> old who want to improve their leadership skills.  Mentors and their
> students should be paired based on timezone and language if it's not
> English. When I pair, I don't mean one to one but more in terms of a
> soft limit of two students to one mentor.  A mentor have more if they
> can handle it.  Since the program is based on timezone and language,
> mentors can have more than one but to a point without the mentor
> stressing out. Because of this, one mentor can teach the students at
> the same time if they choose to via IRC or even Google Hangouts.
> E-mail exchange should also used.

Sign me up, please!
I guess my actions/works speak louder than my words.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad

With GNOME and Ubuntu membership in hands and lots of achievements in
the leadership track, I am more than happy to share my experience and
skills and take as many interested people as possible.

Hangouts, Emails, IRC, whatever method .. I am happy with all. I do
prefer however Google hangouts because you can have a visual record of that.

> The easiest way to organize this is via a wiki (sub)-page within the
> Ubuntu Leadership.
+1

> Launch date: Late January 2015/Early February 2015
Ok :)

> This date is tentative but it's aimed after all of the holidays. Also,
> let's try to have a planning meeting on how to do this better than
> this write up before the launch date.  We can also do it via the
> mailing-list of the Ubuntu Leadership.  If a non-member posts, I will
> approve the messages.  I'm giving the choice to join.

Ready when you are!

> Thank you.

Thank you for taking the initiative and for letting us know!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad