[Ubuntu Leadership] State of Ubuntu Leadership

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 3 18:05:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>  lyz and I had discussed the possibility of LaTex

Some quick rationale here.

Our requirements are:

1. text-based (so revisioning with bzr works sensibly)
2. translatable
3. not too hard to learn syntax for

While the 3rd is arguable, LaTeX is easier than alternatives like
DocBook and, even better, I feel LaTeX is actually worth learning
since it's applicable outside the documentation realm (my resume is
written in LaTeX, our invoices and checks where I work use LaTeX
templates...). It's also worth noting that the Ubuntu Manual team uses
LaTeX, so there are proven projects out there that show the learning
curve isn't *too* steep :)

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com