[Ubuntu Leadership] Call for volunteers - IRC training sessions

Ian Weisser ian at korinthianviolins.com
Fri Oct 28 03:25:53 UTC 2011

Hey everybody,

We're getting more input on the Online Leadership Tutorial Sessions
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuLeadership/Projects#Online_Leadership_Tutorial_Sessions at UDS next week. If you won't be in the session, please feel free to send me your thoughts directly!

1) Looking for Trainers/Assistants for a few sessions.
If you know somebody good at these, please let me know so I can ask
them:

- Discovering member strengths and weaknesses
- Team record-keeping
- Retain existing members, prevent drift-away or burnout

Special thanks to DarwinSurvivor and Valorie for volunteering to lead
sessions already!
Thanks for any referrals you send my way!

2) We have sessions lined up for the first couple months. I'm looking at
a session every 2 weeks or so. I will set the final schedule after UDS
feedback.

3) UDS Feedback. I'm looking for input on:
- The name (Online Leadership Tutorial Sessions). I'm open to
better/shorter/clearer ideas.
- The following set of 7 workshops for Feb/Mar/Apr 2012. The list of 32
skills at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13VOmTgEqCzIW8oITV2d5fIRD3xsiKRVMd39OUlpx6xQ/edit is a good place to start. If you find something missing from that list, please add to it, and thank you.

Cheers, and thanks for your help!

-Ian (Cheesehead)