Ubuntu-LB Call for volunteers for Linux Installfest

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at lesbg.com
Mon May 2 13:02:06 UTC 2011

We are planning an installfest (see http://installfest.org/whatis) to be
held on Friday, June 3 from 4:00PM until 10:00PM at the Lebanon
Evangelical School for Boys and Girls in Loueizeh Jamhour (about a
kilometer up the Damascus highway from the Presidential palace in
Baabda).

We will install any FLOSS operating system as long as there is at least
one "expert" present who knows how to install it.  We would also like to
schedule short (10-15 min) talks showing people how to use some piece of
software on their new OS.

To that end, I would like to call for volunteers.  If you consider
yourself something close to an 'expert' in installing your favorite
FLOSS operating system and will definitely be there with media, please
email me with your name and what OS you'll be bringing.

If you are reasonably good at speaking in front of people and would like
to demonstrate some piece of software in your OS of choice, please email
me with your name, the OS, the software, and the language you'll be
speaking for your presentation.

Please feel free to forward this email on to anyone you might feel would
be interested.  Thank you,

Jonathan Dieter
Lebanon Evangelical School for Boys and Girls - Loueizeh