Ubuntu-LB High Quality OpenSource Software For Windows Users

Thy Armageddon thyarmageddon at gmail.com
Fri May 28 00:56:20 BST 2010

On 5/27/10, Jocelyn <jhabib at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All ,
>
> Long time ago i suggested this idea and i will lighten on it again :

Last year, yes I still remember

> some people like Linux but cant use it or don't want to install it at all  ,
> due to work restriction or many others reason but instead they like to
> install OpenSource Software on there windows , ex OpenOffice , firefox etc
> ... .

Yea, and that is not new !

> why not create for them a cd or a DVD full of these software , Powered By
> Ubuntu Lebanon Team , it got me the idea to remaster the OpenDisc

Ok, first and far most, what is the team called again ? "Ubuntu"
Lebanon Team ? Oh I thought "Windows OpenSource Lebanon Team", my bad,
it's either I joined the wrong team, or wait a sec ! you did :)
Right!!!

It is called UBUNTU team because it is about Ubuntu, how about doing a
Linux Application CD on a Windows team ? Don't you think that would be
crossing the line ? Should I say that again each year ?

> http://www.theopendisc.com/programs
>
> and then burn them on dvds and create a good cover that reflect the Ubuntu
> LB and distribute them .

How would it reflect the Ubuntu LB ? Ubuntu-lb is about Linux Ubuntu
and we are burning windows DVD, marketing wise it will cause a
disaster we won't be able to stop people from converting to Linux.
Hell no one will trust Linux anymore ! mahzalle, this is a joke that's
what I call it...

> what will be needed then :
>
> -Re mastering  (OpenDisc)
> -Fund it (DVDs , Printing , Etc  )
> -Distribute them
>
> i think this will be a great idea for getting the attraction on windows
> users that refuse completely the idea of install Linux .

ummm, no it won't, actually it will be the other way around...
Completely, it will look like we don't trust Ubuntu as a system and we
are desperate to get users to install it.

> Many Thanks .
>
> Jocelyn

oh well, maybe you didn't get anything I said, my answer is NO

with all due respect,
Elijah