Ubuntu-LB Get on with it

Armageddon ThyArmageddon at Gmail.com
Mon May 24 15:07:25 BST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 15:09 +0300, Danny Abukalam wrote:

> As simply an observer, I think I have noticed a recurring pattern on
> this mailing list. Party A tries to shift the blame on others, and a
> rather frustrated Party B and Party C continue to attack Party A with
> nothing to gain.

There is no one attacking anyone, I hate unnecessary comments which have
no ground proof at all. Assumptions coming from the air with no proof
are discouraged by me, if Jocelyn did not show interest to RootSpace's
offer, other people attended their meetings... that's just as an FYI

> I think I see what's going on here. Many are concerned over what will
> happen with leadership and basically, who will be granted leadership,
> yet a small minority is really concerned with the original aims of
> this group, which is, in a toned-down fashion, to promote the ideas
> behind Ubuntu, and raise awareness of the OS, if i'm not mistaken.

I don't think you see the bigger picture, no one cares who will get
leadership as long as the group starts working and the way I see it, the
way the team is right now, no work will be done and there is no
direction. Mark my words, and I just hope with all my power that I would
be wrong, this situation will die again soon just like the before
attempts if everything stays the way it is... Reformation is needed, in
the near future if not now...

> What I think would benefit us all greatly, is if we stopped dwelling
> on the past. Yes, Ubuntu-lb has been pretty much useless for the last
> couple of years, and this is probably (but not necessarily) due to a
> lack of direction. In the end, it doesn't really matter, because
> crying over spilled milk is, in this situation, not going to get
> ubuntu-lb anywhere.

I don't see anyone crying over the paste, everyone is concerned that the
paste will occur again and again in the near future, that's what I
personally is trying to prevent. Please, try to look at the bigger
picture.

> Also, I think that it is paramount that before everyone launches into
> having an event in the near future, we all have a physical meeting in
> order to see who may or may not be committed to the team for the
> future, and in order to have a civilized discussion. I think the
> politics of the group, although this seems to concern a lot of people,
> should be the least of our concerns. What we can do in such a meeting,
> is get to know each other, learn each other's strengths and
> weaknesses, and listen to each other. We can then make plans for an
> event such as the one suggested and we can all be responsible for
> something. After a couple of meetings and at least one event, if not
> two, we can begin to discuss the possible existence of a
> "coordinator".

I won't mention the gathering we already tried to pull and which failed
because very few attended, I was for the meeting and I will be on the
meeting whatever it takes. No one is against that...

> These are just my thoughts and suggestions, and I am not directing any
> attacks to anyone in the group, so please do not interpret this
> message as such.

Don't worry, I might seem aggressive but I do appreciate concerns and
ideas and I gladly discuss them, just like I always do. What I don't
personally tolerate is being attacked for working or for pointing out
what happened and of being afraid that it would happen again. I'm not
afraid to express my opinions and points of view loudly, I never think
of the consequences. If people are afraid to point out where everything
went wrong and want to move forward like nothing ever happened, I would
apologize to each and every one of those people, I'm sorry I can't and I
will never continue without looking back and questioning everyone's role
in what happened.

Elijah