Ubuntu-LB YouTube Link

Armageddon ThyArmageddon at Gmail.com
Wed May 19 17:04:29 BST 2010

Jocelyn,

Well, welcome back, it's been a long time no see... =)

Well that's not the important part, you are back, let's concentrate on
something which I just saw and hmm let's discuss it together and see
what everyone thinks.

Yet, another TV interview, no email to the mailing list, nobody knew,
again another individual work which you will most probably point fingers
back at us for not being active.
Well, I'm not here to judge, I am here to inform and I will inform
everyone of what I see, you might disagree and I respect that but you
should also respect my point of view.

This TV interview is done, fine. There is no background to support this
TV interview nor your claims. Even if someone installed Ubuntu, there is
no one there to help or support him at the time being.

Let's get back to the interview, I will skip what the hostess said cause
from my point of view she knows as much as you told her =)

00:26 till 00:33 - You can do that in a conference not on TV where no
one is explaining anything but I will skip all those parts...

00:34 - Technical Education Center & then after, guess what, Microsoft
Certified 2001 (again Nothing related to Linux)

00:36 - on the right there is a windows computer (again no Linux)

00:37 till 00:50 - who are you talking about when you say "WE" ? Cause
the local team is not approved yet and that's for a fact. If you are
talking about the company you work for, do you have any proof to support
that claim ? That you are the first to offer a certified by Ubuntu
training ?
it sounds to me like an advertisement to train people ! and next time
please correct the way they write UbuntUUUUUUUU...

00:55 till 1:00 - Ubuntu is not just like any other operating system, if
it was we wouldn't be asking people to switch to it, and people would
have no reason to switch to it right ?

1:04 till 1:17 - You tried, I give you that, but someone who doesn't
know what open source is, I'm pretty sure he would know even less with
that explanation =) There is a local saying that says "And after a long
effort, they explained water with water" (wa kad fasara el ma2a ba3da el
jouhdi bil ma2i)

1:21 till 1:24 - WHO TOLD YOU IT DOESN'T GET INFECTED WITH VIRUSES !? We
corrected that last time on the mailing list, are you even reading the
emails ? NO, YOU CAN GET INFECTED! Chances are slim true but they are
not NULL!

1:26 till 1:27 - What is a nice Graphical Interface ? Are you talking to
people who use Ubuntu or Linux ? Or people that don't have an idea about
it ?

01:35 till 01:40 - That's it ? That's all an Operating System has to
do ? besides listen to mp3 ? You listen to Music not MP3... I do not
agree, it sounds dull...

01:42 till 01:46 - And again with the no virus principle you always pull
on ? Don't you get enough with that ? Get your facts straight !

01:53 till 01:57 - Computers are bound to freeze if not because of
software, it will be because of hardware, AND BUGS ? This is open
source, it should be buggy at times, that's what's appealing about it,
there is a bug you issues a report it gets fixed... If you want to make
it sound appealing, don't lie just hide the truth that you think people
might not like...

02:02 - Again another Windows computer =)

02:08 till 02:09 - I wonder why you think that it never got to Lebanon
and never got popular... Hmm...

02:09 till 02:20 - Oh There is a while! Companies use it, people use it,
and I thought nobody uses it in Lebanon because nobody knows about it!
You keep contradicting yourself...

02:20 till 02:32 - Hmm, wrong again, cause we both know that developing
is OS dependent, coding in C under Windows is different than the C code
under Linux even for the same application...

02:32 till 02:26 - I had to rewatch the video 18 or 19 times to find
where you switched from Software as in application for coding and
Software as in OS or in this case Ubuntu ! WOW ! and I know the
difference. I imagine the people on TV going "what the !!!"

02:39 - Have you ever downloaded Ubuntu ? or installed one ? I never
knew it was a DVD ! :/

02:48 till 02:52 - The problem is that people still ignore its
existence ! I WONDER WHY ! ?

02:55 till 02:56 - PLEASE Don't use WE when you talk about the
community, talk about ME as in YOU because I personally don't back you
up :)

02:57 till 02:59 - True, you are the team leader, but only on the
website, there are no evidence to prove any leadership on the ground or
in the team...

03:10 till 03:20 - We go into universities ? We help people install
Ubuntu ? Since when ? WOW, is it me or that NEVER happened ? Please
don't claim anything that doesn't exist or never took place (for Ubuntu
that is ;) )...

03:30 till 03:33 - At times I really believe that you have no idea what
is a Software and what is an Operating System, and what is the
difference ! I'm really lost...

04:20 till the end - WHAT ? Who said applications won't crash ? They are
bound to crash one way or another, it depends on a lot of factors, and
again STOP PULLING THE NO VIRUS CARD and get your facts straight...

Besides, it was a nice TV Interview other than that... Use arabic more
then english, not everyone understands english... Besides, I'm pretty
sure that even an english fluent speaker would have difficulty
understanding you... And I know that for a fact, I have a british
educated friend who watched the video with me...

I will end this email by a quote, I suggest you learn it...

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
—CARL SAGAN (1934-1996)

"Peace",
Elijah El Lazkani <--- This is my name, I'm "advising" it to you so you
wouldn't ask again...