Ubuntu-LB Pidgin 2.5.0 With MSNP15 Is Out
danisoufi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 22:56:43 BST 2008
Congratulations to all Pidgin users. Finally the MSN protocol support was
updated and finally officially released. Here are couple of changes for this
released that I got from Pidgin's change log:
- Ability to create custom smileys (currently only the MSN protocol
utilizes the feature). (Thanks to Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil, Marcus
Lundblad, Jorge Villaseñor and other contributors)
- Add a configure option, --with-system-ssl-certs to allow packagers
to specify a system-wide SSL CA certificates directory. When
set, we don't
install our SSL CA certs, so it's important that the libpurple package
depend on the CA certificates.
- Add SSL Certificates support to the NSS SSL plugin. (Thanks to Lou
- Fix a bug that caused the UI to not refresh and caused the client to
use 99% CPU when an XMPP account lost its connection to the server.
- Possibly fix a bug where some clients could get into a state where
they moved a buddy back and forth between two groups in an endless loop.
- /ctcp command (Vladislav Guberinić)
- Allow for auto-detection of incoming UTF-8 formatted text on
accounts which are configured to use some other encoding.
- Update MSN support to protocol 15 (Elliott Sales de Andrade, Jorge
Villaseñor, Mike Ruprecht, Carlos Silva, Ma Yuan, Daniel Ljungborg and
- Personal messages are now supported. They are treated as status
- Offline IM is now supported.
- Aliasing is now supported server-side.
- Buddies are now emblemed. Bots and web clients should now be
- Update smiley set for non-faces.
- Failing to update a buddy icon when the buddy has gone offline no
- Custom smileys received in a chat no longer go to a new window.
- Processing is no longer completely frozen after the servers block a
message because it contains (what they consider) inappropriate text.
- Custom buddy icons can now be added to and removed from buddy list
entries via the buddy list entry right-click menu.
- Resize large incoming custom smileys to a maximum of 96px on either
- Offer to add new buddies into the same contact as existing buddies
in the same group if the alias given is the same.
- Minor smiley style update.
- Group and Chat buddy list entries can now be given custom buddy
- Added "Invite..." menu to chats.
- Added "View All Logs" menu in the buddylist to display a list of all
- Added '/msgcolor' command to change colors of different classes of
messages in a conversation. See '/help msgcolor' for details.
- Added tab-completion for commands in conversation windows.
- *Windows-specific changes*
- Don't install the GSSAPI SASL plugin on NT4 to avoid an error popup.
- Use the Kerberos for Windows libraries installed on the system (if
present) instead of including enough to load the plugin (Kfw
still needed to
be installed for it to actually work before this change).
- Upgrade to Perl 5.10 (System Perl runtime must be upgraded for Perl
plugins to continue to work).
- Upgrade SILC to use the 1.1.7 toolkit
You could all download the source package and compile it by yourself OR you
could add PPA to your "sources.list" file and get directly the officially
Ubuntu made package provided by Pidgin Developers. Please check
https://launchpad.net/~pidgin-developers/+archive for what you should add in
your "sources.list", but make sure that you'd check for the latest package
version listed there in the list, because it wasn't been added when I last
time checked. But it should probably be in couple of hours ready,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-lb