Fwd: Announce: please refrain from importing offline translations in Ubuntu until further notice

Aron Xu happyaron.xu at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 10:34:05 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 18:32
Subject: Announce: please refrain from importing offline translations
in Ubuntu until further notice
To: Ubuntu Translators <ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com>

Hi translators,

Some of you have told us that some Ubuntu translations done in Launchpad
have been overwritten by upstream imports in cases they shouldn't have
been.

This seems to be happening since the latest Launchpad rollout and we're
investigating the cause.

In order to stop this from happening, and for this overrides to stop
happening in all Ubuntu releases due to message sharing, we've
temporarily stopped the import queues for Natty, Maverick, Lucid,
Karmic, Jaunty (was disabled already) and Dapper.

What does this mean?
--------------------

It means that until we've figured out how to fix this situation, no
translations will be _imported_ for _Ubuntu_. This means neither
translations that come from a package upload, nor those that come from a
manual upload from translators (i.e. offline translations).

So we would like to ask you to refrain from uploading offline
translations until further notice.

You can continue translating online as usual.

I realise this might be disruptive for teams whose workflow is based on
offline translation, so I apologise for any inconvenience caused. We'll
try to remedy this situation as soon as possible.

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella