[Ubuntu Urdu] Translating Xubuntu in Urdu

Noumaan Yaqoob y.noumaan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:01:26 BST 2009

Hello,

recently we have developed a small team and decided to work on Xubuntu to
localize it in Urdu language. By this message we seek assistance from fellow
translators to help us identify the translation templates on launchpad that
we need to translate in order to get a completely translated Urdu version
after a default Xubuntu installation. Secondly, we need translators to join
us so that we can get Jaunty translated as soon as we can. translators can
contact me directly.

We tried to figure out the translation templates but we can not understand
which templates we should translate for Xubuntu. While at launchpad, I
realized that it is difficult to search for translation packages inside a
particular language group. One can search packages in Jaunty but not all
packages there have translation templates we are just totally clueless.

We would appreciate if some one can help us by either sending us the all pot
files needed to be translated for Xubuntu in zip format or helping us
maintain a list of translation templates that need to be translated. We have
figured out a few of the translation templates and are working on them. But
we want to translate it as completely as we possibly can.  So that we could
later work on a remastered version of Xubuntu as the first complete Urdu
Operating system, that is light weight, free, and has fantastic Urdu read
write support.

Noumaan
http://ubuntu.sabza.org