[Ubuntu Urdu] Announcement: Availability of LPI & Ubuntu Certified Professional Certification Exams for Pakistan

Faisal Khan ibnesikander at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:02:59 BST 2007

Assalamoalaikum,
Hope u will be fine, Bhai well I am really interested in giving exam of
Ubuntu and LPIC so let me know what further things I have to do for it and
what is the cost of it.
As I have group of people behind me who are really interested in giving exam

On 7/15/07, Fouad Riaz Bajwa <fouadbajwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Community Members,
>
> As Linux Professional Institute LPI [http://www.lpi.org] activities are
> launching formally in Pakistan next month, this brings opportunities to
> provide Pakistani Linux and IT professionals with industry standard and
> globally recognized certification training and examinations in Lahore,
> Karachi and Islamabad on a three month cycle and four times a year with
> our
> partner networks.
>
> The Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) program is designed
> certify the competency of IT professionals using the Linux operating
> system
> and its associated tools. It is designed to be distribution neutral,
> following the Linux Standard Base and other relevant standards and
> conventions.
>
> Having said this, LPI will be offering Junior Level Linux Professional
> (LPIC-1) training/certification through its LPI Authorized Training
> Partners
> (LATPs) based upon its Authorized 3rd Party Training Curriculum delivered
> by
> LPI Certified Instructors as well as examinations proctored officially by
> the regional LPI Proctor on an on going basis to all candidates receiving
> the training or interested in certification. The exams will be announced
> 3-6
> weeks prior the official sitting.
>
> Initially LPI will be offering LPI Level 1 Certification comprising of LPI
> 101 and LPI 102 Exam Labs, more information about this process can be
> obtained from the following link:
> http://www.lpi.org/en/lpi/english/certification/the_lpic_program
>
> Once candidates have cleared the Junior Level Linux Professional (LPIC-1)
> exams, they will be eligible for taking the Ubuntu Certified Professional
> exam. The Ubuntu Certified Professional training certification has been
> made
> available from May 2007 by Canonical Ltd and LPi.
>
> The Ubuntu Certified Professional is a training certification based on the
> LPI level 1 certification. To earn the Ubuntu Professional Certification,
> candidates are required to pass the LPI 101, LPI 102 and the Ubuntu (LPI
> 199) exams.
>
> Training through LPI LATPs will assist Junior Level Linux Professionals /
> System Administrators to pass the required exams and achieve the Ubuntu
> Certified Professional certification. The certification is designed for
> System Administrator levels and tests the candidate's ability to:
>
> 1. Perform easy maintenance tasks: help out users, add users to a larger
> system, backup & restore, shutdown & reboot
>
> 2. Install and configure a workstation (including X) and connect it to a
> LAN, or a stand-alone PC via modem to the Internet.
>
> 3. Work with the Linux command line.
>
> You may read more about the Ubuntu Certified Professional Curriculum at

> [...]

Faisal Sikander Khan
BCS, MCS -(UoK)
Software Engineer
Core Developer of IdeeLinux