[Ubuntu Urdu] OT: open Office in urdu

Waqas Toor waqasnasirtoor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 07:04:21 GMT 2007

On 2/20/07, Babar haq <bhaq at pseb.org.pk> wrote:

> > Open Office has already been localized into Urdu by Indian body CDAC
> > and is available internationally through Ubuntu distributions when
> > Urdu Support is enabled in Ubuntu. Duplication efforts will only
> > result in waste of energy and resources thus, more distros of Linux
> > should be localized including software like Firefox
>
> Thank for your email Waqas. As I requested before please refer to older
> email thread which was copied on ubuntu-l10n-urd at lists.ubuntu.com. The
> CDAC people are also on that email list and have requested us for help
> in certain areas of openoffice.

Oooo then my mistake ... i thought it was going to be start all over again ...
and yup ubuntu-l10n-urd at lists.ubuntu.com is all about a list for
people who are interested in localization not specifically urdu but
punjabi , pushto etc

> The whole purpose of these threads have been to avoid duplication of
> efforts and to make available a single platform for the localization
> efforts. Dr Sarmad is also leading efforts to localize other softwares
> like firefox and thunderbird.
yeah and i would suggest we should also localize Mambo , Drupal , joomla etc

--
Waqas Toor
member of Ubuntu Pakistani Team
waqas at ubuntu-pk.org
http://www.ubuntu-pk.org

Linux *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and Gates ?

http://waqastoor.weblog.pk
(Registered Linux user #424056)
ref link http://counter.li.org/