[Ubuntu Urdu] How not to translate Ubuntu

Noumaan Yaqoob y.noumaan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 00:58:13 BST 2006

Friends,

You are invited and more than welcome to work any where on our translation
project. But we request you to please take care of the following:

1. Please make sure that you can write Urdu properly. If you are unable to
write Urdu properly on your computer or using some other software then
please fix it ASAP before translating anything on Ubuntu. This could make
your translations horrid and weird and some people would have to fix it
then.

2. Please do not use Muft مفت for the word Free. In open source terminology
Free means free as in freedom and it should be translated آزاد Azad.

3. Please consult Urdu Word Bank if no translation is available then search
the following:
www.answers.com
www.wikipedia.org
www.urduword.com

Still unable to find translation? Then drop an email here or ask away at
Urdu Mehfil http://www.urduweb.org/mehfil Mark your translation as "Needs to
be reviewed" or simply leave that feild blank and work on other strings
until someone helps you out.

And finally, if you are reading this please reply, ask questions, do
something :)