[Ubuntu Urdu] Fast approach towards translation

Noumaan Yaqoob y.noumaan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 23:36:46 BST 2006

During the translation you may come across phrases where it would seem
impossible to translate them in Urdu. You have the options to skip and leave
them blank, translate them somehow, or translate them while checking the box
"This translations needs to be reviewed".

I strongly recommend that you only take the last two approaches. Translate
them guessing the best possible translation you could think of, translate
them using the english words written in Urdu script.  Like XKB could be
translated as: ایکس کے بی

applet could be translated as اپلیٹ

and so on.

Remember that you can always ask for help by sending a message to this
mailing list. Alternately you can quickly make a post on
http://www.urduweb.org/mehfil and request someone to help you with this
particular word or phrase.

I would like to remind the community that currently we do have a tool where
one can add and look for the translation of difficult words and phrases.
http://l10n.urduweb.org/dictionary/

Most probably the translation you are stucked with isn't there but once when
you find a solution for it please add it to the Urdu Word Bank so that
others can look at it. Urdu word bank would soon come with a feature to
Request Assistance/ Translation. We are setting the source up so that we
could get help from other community members to add new features and make it
better. But till then please use the Urduweb.org/mehfil

Noumaan