[Ubuntu Urdu] ubuntu drapper urdu font problem

Muhmmad Shakir muhammadshakir2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 13:57:50 GMT 2006

http://www.nlauit.gov.pk/downloads.htm
this is the official govt link( this font is developed under Muqtadra Quomi Zuban's sub institute).
Wsalam

Waqas Toor <waqasnasirtoor at gmail.com> wrote: Hi Shakir ,
from where i can download that new font ?
i also want to give it a try :)

On 12/7/06, Muhmmad Shakir  wrote:
> Adaab
> I have never faced any problem regarding urdu display in urdu in any version
> of Ubuntu. breezy to Edgy every thing works just fine without any urdu
> support and i am not aware of any urdu support option in synaptic etc.. but
> i install urdu fonts always is it not the fonts problem???
> Solution of Bajwa bhai may be also helpful....
> And another thing now this mailing list is moved again i would like to ask.
> new Pak Nastaleeq Font is released. it is tested on Ubuntu/Kubuntu but i
> does not displays correctly. this is due to some advance features of OTF
> technology which are still not included in rendering engines of linux. a
> query and support question is launched at launchpad but there was not quick
> repsponce yet...........
> What we can do for this from this plateform?????
> Bajwa bhai and other ubuntu officials can they make this process quick of
> discussion so to add the support of Pak Nastaleeq as soon as possible????
> u can read all discussion about this font on Urdu Mehfil where its developer
> Mohsin Hijazi is also present....
> http://www.urduweb.org/mehfil/viewtopic.php?t=5961
> some more threads can be found in same sub forum.
> Regards
> Muhammad Shakir Aziz

Waqas Toor
member of Ubuntu Pakistani Team
waqas at ubuntu-pk.org
http://www.ubuntu-pk.org

Linux *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and Gates ?

http://waqastoor.weblog.pk
(Registered Linux user #424056)
ref link http://counter.li.org/