[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்] Translation on Ubuntu Manual in Tamil

Shrinivasan T tshrinivasan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 06:41:58 GMT 2010

Friends.

I am Shrini from Kanchipuram, near Chennai, India.

I am planning to translate the Ubuntu Manual in My native language "Tamil".

http://ubuntu-manual.org/builds/ubuntu-manual.pdf

Need your suggestions on this.

We are a team called "KanchiLUG" [ http://kanchilug.wordpress.com ]

We planned to sit together and start translating the manual.

We have very less number of tamil typists as 3 to 4.
but we have 10-15 people who can write well in tamil.

Our plan is to take print of the text needed to translate.
Share the papers to translate.

Each translator can write the text in paper and give to the typists.

they can type all the text and then we will update the launchpad.

What do you think?
Is this a right plan?

Will it work?

We are talking about this for a long time to bring a manual in tamil
as we goto schools and colleges who keep on asking for a book in tamil.

We are so happy to see the current ubuntu-manual build and
willing to make it in tamil.

Thanks for your support.

--
Regards,