[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்]Ubuntu-l10n-tam Digest, Vol 32, Issue 7

amachu amachu at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 17 07:15:54 GMT 2009

On தி, 2009-02-16 at 14:08 +0000, balaji k s wrote:

> Dear friends!
>
> My doubt is confirmed!
> Serious members do not see any tamil font at all!
> All tamil fonts are mangled by mail providers and received in a messed up state!
> Others in the list do not care about what they receive!
> Is there a technical person in our team?
> We have been moving about like the ignorant king without clothes!
> இந்த எழுத்துக்கள் தங்களுக்குத் தெரிகிறதா?  அல்லது உடைகளை அணியாமல்   நடந்த முட்டாள் அரசனைப் போல  நாம் தமிழ் எழுத்துக்களே  இல்லாத தமிழ் மடல்களைப் படிக்க முயல்கிறோமா?

Balaji,

You are having Yahoo email id. The default encoding of Yahoo wasn't
Unicode. Choose your encoding manually from the browser and let us know.

I am not sure about ksbalaji.com, what client you use to access your
mails there and its internals.

Also, If you are in digest mode, you are likely to get ???????? since it
is a know bug with mailman.

And this list is hosted at the Ubuntu Server and Only after the bug gets
fixed at Mailman and then passed on to the Server at Ubuntu, we can help
this problem getting solved.

Till then we can disable digest mode for people subscribing to
Ubuntu-l10n-tam mailing list.

May be if we have our own server, and compile mailman from source after
fixing the bug, that could solve the problem.

and thats unlikely now.

--

ஆமாச்சு