[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்] help

Tirumurti Vasudevan agnihot3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:24:25 BST 2007

dear all, i translated the win-32 loader file in tamil.
this helps in installing Debian / ubuntu (or its derivative BOSS) in a tamil
interface from windows itself.
but if you have the patience to go through the mails you will find that
tamil is not a language supported by NSIS which seems to be critical.
should we create a separate package with the patch? will that be useful,
desirable?
tv
===========================

re win-32 loader files:
Hi!

I'd like to announce that win32-loader's strings are now frozen in
preparation for a new release.

Currently, the following translations are incomplete and you might
want to update them:

cs:     23 translated messages, 3 fuzzy translations, 2 untranslated
messages.
sv:     22 translated messages, 4 fuzzy translations, 2 untranslated
messages.

It'd be nice if you could add more new translations as well.  Sources
are in d-i/people/rmh/win32-loader, but I'm attaching messages.pot as well.

Thank you

--
Robert Millan
i dont know if tamil is a language that is supported.

So, if at least one version of Windows is localised in Tamil, then it
makes sense to translate win32-loader in Tamil.

==================================
Robert Millan:
That's not really necessary.  What we need is for the language to be
supported
in NSIS and D-I, but not Windows (we already have languages that are not
supported by Windows, e.g. Catalan).

A translation to Tamil is welcome provided it meets these two requisites.

P.S: sorry for the late reply.  I don't regularly check debian-i18n.
Robert millan replying tv:
On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 09:29:30PM +0530, Tirumurti Vasudevan wrote:
> On 9/11/07, Robert Millan <rmh at aybabtu.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 07:44:48AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > That's not really necessary.  What we need is for the language to be
> > supported
> > in NSIS and D-I, but not Windows (we already have languages that are not
> > supported by Windows, e.g. Catalan).
> >
> > A translation to Tamil is welcome provided it meets these two
requisites.

> i think it doe smeet the requirements though i am unable to locate a list
of
> languages supported by NSIS

You can just check the list of files.  I just did for you (Tamil is not
there).

I can still add your translation to win32-loader, but it can't be enabled
untill
nsis supports it.  If you want Tamil in win32-loader, get in touch with the
NSIS maintainers first!