[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்]Vanakkam

Tirumurti Vasudevan agnihot3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 09:58:33 GMT 2006

ramadoss,
wish you a speedy recovery.

On 10/31/06, ம.ராமதாஸ் <shriramadhas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now the signature campaign is carried out and its popular through that,
> the only one reservation about that Logo is the copyright problem. Thanks
> for pointing it out in time. We indeed ask for permission with FSF. I will
> for sure ask this with the concerned person in Ubuntu and will take all
> precautionary steps if its really a copyright issue.

this is a very major issue.
pl check it up as soon as you are able to.
there can be no question of violation of copy right. if indeed the logo is a
problem in that direction it has to go.
but wondering at the same time...
how come kubuntu and xubuntu have changed the colours?
so that colours are to be maintained only as long as we want to call it
ubuntu?
can there be a tabuntu which wont violate copyrights?
i am not suggesting that we make one but just wondering how far their
copyright extends to.

TV Have you completed the Gaim translation?

sorry.
i could not for two reasons.
my pc was taking a lot of time while searching the data base for words
so i wanted to upgrade the pc to speed up the translation work.
i upgraded my pc perhaps unwisely.
now i find i cant install ubuntu in my conroe based pc with 965 MB
having wasted time with all that i should have gone back to the good old
reliable but all this "discussion" have upset me.
i am wondering if i am a fool to have purchased a new pc just for this work.
i have lost much enthusiasm though people may say why.

i left couple of groups only because people can tolerate each other and keep
biting each other.
i thought i have found a place where i can turn out useful work for the
humanity.
now that the atmosphere is vitiated i hardly feel like continuing.
at this age i dont want to see any more.
it is such a pain to see people deriving pleasure by hurting others.
so difficult to build something good.
and so easy to destroy.

i am sorry.
i never meant to write all this but this headache that i have made me
careless.
now that it is in print let go.
i will take a tablet and go to sleep.
see you later.
tv

ps.
nice mail tag huh!
i should start practising what i preach. but it is easy said than done.

--
BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!