[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்] Simple solution for the logo issue

Ravi shankar ravidreams_03 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 18:47:04 GMT 2006

Since the group admin doesn't take initiative to solve the logo issue, in my capacity as a tamil ubuntu loco memeber I propose a simple solution.

Replace the current controversial logo by the original ubuntu logo and declare in writing that no other logo would be used in official tamil ubunbtu website, wiki site and propoganda and distribution of CDs

Having one underlined u doesn't make ubuntu any more popular or efficient but having the original ubuntu logo will be an acceptable solution for every single member of this group and will help to retain the unity of the group. An alternate logo can be considered later or even that is waste of time to design, discuss and decide. a tamil logo whether it be with உ, த or தமிழ் doesn't make ubuntu successful. Making it tamil compatible would make it successful among tamil community. By testing ubuntu for tamil compatibility and ensuring tamil usability by moving ahead with the translation work, we will work as a colloborative group.

I request all the members to reply for this proposal. This is my honest and sincere and final attempt to solve the issue within ourselves if you are ashamed in taking this issue into one level up in hierarchy.

If the official ubuntu logo is unacceptable for you , go and complain to ubuntu and canonical limited

And the so called group co-ordinator who was appointed by the ubuntu to administer things cannot refuse put the original logo. If ramdoss, would like to refuse let him give his reasons why he cannot put the ubuntu official logo.

Ravi