[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்]Ramdoss, please clarify ! - Open letter for group members

Ravi shankar ravidreams_03 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 30 10:28:08 GMT 2006

TV,

I like ubuntu and want it to make it a better OS for tamil's needs and I have every right and motivation to stay here. If there is a problem in my house, I have to mend it and stay there and I cannot have an option to stay in other people's house. When I am striving to have a constructive atmosphere here, no can accuse me of distracting things. This issue could have been solved in 1 minute by removing the controversial logo and replacing with an alternative design or original ubuntu logo. It is evident who has needlessly fueled this issue. Good leadership is not to ask members to accept the problems but to solve it.

I haven't contributed to translation as i have no guideline and guarantee that my work would be used. There is no idea who approves which translation. I do not want to contribute to the tamil ubuntu wiki site as I have a serious motivation block to see the staring tamil ubuntu logo. Unless, it is replaced, I cannot contribute. I have contributed to the group in otherwise by testing the new releases and various softwares with ubuntu coming with ubuntu for tamil compatibilty and have given inputs. And have raised questions about the functionin, organisation, betwwen this mailing list wiki loco team and tamil ubuntu site. None of them have been answered except for your latest response.

Ramdoss should have a 24 hrs broadband connection at home kindly provided by samarpan :) so rains in chennai is not an excuse. A person who cannot take and meet the responsibilty of  giving prompt and refined  responses to the group doesn't qualify to  be a co-ordinator. This is the problem when we have just one admin and we have to look towards him for all admin works and responses? why doesn't he share the admin power with people of equal calibre so that they can share the task at times of emergency like this? What would be the danger ramdoss sees in sharing the admin rights with more people?

tv, i am aware and highly appreciative of your efforts in translation and you continue to function since you don't have a motivation block. And it's the responsibilty of the community and the admin to solve it.

We have no idea to distract or damage the motivation of the group but we just want to make it a comfortable and friendly place to work because this is our group and our ubuntu.

Labelling alternate views as "perverted" doesn't make things anywhere near that.

Ravi