[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்]குழுவினரின் கருத்துக்களை கவனத்திலெடுத்தல்.

Sethu skhome at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 16:42:00 BST 2006

On 10/28/06, மு.மயூரன் | M.Mauran <mmauran at gmail.com> wrote:
> எட்ஜி யினை நிறுவி இயல்பிருப்பு மொழியாக தமிழையும் தெரிவு செய்து பயன்படுத்த
> ஆரம்பித்தபோதுதான் நான் சுட்டிக்காட்டிய பிரச்சனை ஒன்று மொழிபெயர்ப்பாளர்களால்
> கவனத்திலெடுக்கப்படாமலிருந்ந்ததை கவனித்தேன்.
>
> லினக்சுக்கான ஒருங்குறி தமிழ் முனைய எழுத்துருக்கள் இல்லை.

மயூரன்

(pardon me - I am better writing this in english)

Is it because there are no unicode tamil fonts for terminal use or is
it because X-terminal do not have any rendering support? The
characters appear not joining as if when  pango is not enabled for
Firefox.

How is it with other complex scripted languages?

Last Sunday when you told me about this I mentioned that I had seen in
 Anuraadha's presentations Sinhala being rendered on terminal but now
I think that was only in GEDIT not terminal.

I got "mlterm" (and some associated tools) program installed from
repositories - this is a multilingual X terminal - but its manual
clearly staes that it has support fot for Hindhi till now among South
Asian languages. It says somewhere else support for ISCII encoding.
m17n-lib, scim, iiimf etc can be IMEs for this according to the manual
(that is man mlterm command) but still I have not found a way to
trigger scim or any other input method in it.

Hoping to see your comments

Sethu