[உபுண்டு_தமிழ்]முதற் கட்ட சோதனை

ம.ராமதாஸ் shriramadhas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 06:39:22 BST 2006

1. did you choose tamil as additional language during installation?
or one can say the default language shd be tamil and then it installer
will say ok but for installation use a roman kbd
the final installation will turn out to be tamil by default.

No.  just the manual partioning of hard disk, user details and time details
are the things i changed/ added/ modified during installation...

2. the rendering problem is firefox specific.
try epiphany and let us know how it is.

Epiphany can be tried. But we got solve this problem of firefox. Since on
default by installation firfox alone comes and if we are distrbuting CDs to
friends to use Ubuntu (assuming they have limited or no internet
connectivity) this may discourage them. i will try konqueror too along with
epiphany.

On 10/21/06, Tirumurti Vasudevan <agnihot3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. did you choose tamil as additional language during installation?
> or one can say the default language shd be tamil and then it installer
> will say ok but for installation use a roman kbd
> the final installation will turn out to be tamil by default.
>
> 2. the rendering problem is firefox specific.
> try epiphany and let us know how it is.
>

> --
> BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!

அன்புடன்,
ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்.

Stepwise instructions - to view Unicode Tamil text

1. You need to have Unicode Tamil fonts installed on your computer and the
Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts. Windows XP comes with a
Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not download/install a unicode font.
2. In the Control Panel, in Regional/Languages Options you will need to
ensure that Indic/Asian Language option is checked.
3. Use a browser that is capable of handling UTF-8 based pages (Netscape 6,
Internet Explorer 5) with the Unicode Tamil font chosen as the default font
for the UTF-8 char-set/encoding view. Unicode Tamil Fonts may be downloaded
from http://www.tamilnation.org/fonts/latha.ttf