[Ubuntu_Tamil] சொற்களுக்கு இணையான தமிழ் சொல் தேவை..

ம.ராமதாஸ் shriramadhas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 10:13:30 BST 2006

Vanakkam,

i had some problems in used KBabel in GNome.. and hence i needed some time
to analyse it further...

i 'll share what problem it is so that we can find a feasible solution on
using KBabel in GNOME..

Also, regarding the other user's presence he is not in our team but please
go ahead and do changes on GAIM since its one of the most widely and
commonly used applications...

i searched for that guy in wiki pages to invite to our group but ended up in
vain...

Vasunnaa,

Please go ahead with Gaim...

Regards

On 10/10/06, Tirumurti Vasudevan <agnihot3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> if some one can tell us how to access the kbabel dictionary it will be
> helpful.
> all the words we translated are there.
> if someone can glean the translations in that and make it a format to
> import it to wiktionary it will be great.
> to spend time translating and do it again in the wiki page seems a
> little superfluous.
> hi techies get cracking on this.
> while we translators concentrate on translating.
> :-)
> tv
>

> On 10/10/06, Muguntharaj Subramanian <mugunth at gmail.com> wrote:
> > நன்றி மயூரன்,
> > நீங்கள் கொடுத்த தமிழாக்கங்களை தமிழ் விக்ஷனரியில் சேர்த்துள்ளேன்.
> > நாம் அவ்வப்போது நமக்குத் தெரிந்த சொற்களை தமிழ் விக்ஷனரியில் சேர்த்து
> வந்தால்
> > , ta.wiktionary.org வலுபெறும். புதியதாக மொழிபெயர்க்க வருகிறவர்கள்
> > ta.wiktionary.orgஐ பார்த்து எளிதாக மொழிபெயர்க்க முடியும்.
> >
> > அன்புடன்,
> > முகுந்த்
> >

> > On 10/10/06, மு.மயூரன் | M.Mauran < mmauran at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Browser - உலாவி
> > > design - வடிவமைப்பு
> > > application - செயலி
> > > Configuration - அமைவடிவம் , அமைவடிவாக்கம்
> > > Desktop - மேசைத்தளம்
> > > Desktop environment - பணிச்சூழல்
> > > Desktop computer - மேசைக்கணினி
> > >
> > > அத்தோடு கவனிக்க, பல இடங்களில் partition இற்கு "பகிர்வு" என்று
> > மொழிபெயர்க்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது. இது மிக மிக தவறு. பகிர்தல் என்பது sharing.
> > partition இற்கு "வகிர்வு" என்று வர வேண்டும்.
> > >
> > > -மு.மயூரன்

> and
> > the Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts. Windows XP
> comes
> > with a Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not download/install a
> > unicode font.
> > ensure that Indic/Asian Language option is checked.
> (Netscape
> > 6, Internet Explorer 5) with the Unicode Tamil font chosen as the
> default
> > font for the UTF-8 char-set/encoding view. Unicode Tamil Fonts may be
> > downloaded from here.
> > > >

> > > --
> > > visit my blogs
> > > http://www.mauran.blogspot.com
> > > http://www.tamilgnu.blogspot.com
> > > --
> > >

> > --
> > Mugunth
> >
> > http://mugunth.blogspot.com
> >  http://thamizha.com
> > http://tamilblogs.com
> > --

> BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!

அன்புடன்,
ம. ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்.

Stepwise instructions - to view Unicode Tamil text

1. You need to have Unicode Tamil fonts installed on your computer and the
Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts. Windows XP comes with a
Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not download/install a unicode font.
2. In the Control Panel, in Regional/Languages Options you will need to
from http://www.tamilnation.org/fonts/latha.ttf