[Ubuntu_Tamil] Initiative of writer Sujatha..

ம.ராமதாஸ் shriramadhas at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 10:04:48 BST 2006

I donno whether i joked yesterday..that we will have one day a Tamil
OS... But found this info on Writer sujatha's epatrika ambalam.com...

I have sought an appointment with him thru email provided in this link:-(
anyone from this team know him? know anyone knowing him?

And Jeremy Wagstaff said that his column on Wall Street Journal's asia
edition will be published this friday...

Visit this link...

http://www.ambalam.com/tamilpc.html

--
அன்புடன்,
Aamachu

Stepwise instructions - to view Unicode Tamil text

1. You need to have Unicode Tamil fonts installed on your computer and the
Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts. Windows XP comes with a
Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not download/install a unicode font.
2. In the Control Panel, in Regional/Languages Options you will need to
ensure that Indic/Asian Language option is checked.
3. Use a browser that is capable of handling UTF-8 based pages (Netscape 6,
Internet Explorer 5) with the Unicode Tamil font chosen as the default font
for the UTF-8 char-set/encoding view. Unicode Tamil Fonts may be downloaded
from http://www.tamilnation.org/fonts/latha.ttf