[Ubuntu_Tamil] ரவியிற்கு தமிழ் 99. கூடவே மற்றவர்களுக்கு m17n !

Sethu skhome at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:41:30 BST 2006

On 10/4/06, மு.மயூரன் <mmauran at gmail.com> wrote:
> உபுண்டுவில்
>
> /usr/local/share/m17n/ta-tamil99.mim
> என்று அமைகிறது.
>
> -மயூரன்

Sorry I should have thought of this before writing.

/usr/local/share... it is if you go by default configuration while compiling.

But I have it under /usr/local/share.. because I installed from
tarball sources and in the first configuration step I had used the
following option:

./configure  --prefix=/usr

A practice I always do when compiling from sources after I had heard
from our Linux group friend and guru here (Sucheta) who told us
(Mauran and I) so in a class last year.  But I never got the reason
why it should be better that it be /usr than /usr/local for
installations. Mauran any idea?

~Sethu