[ubuntu-slv] [Question #178861]: (Japanese) software-center can not find apache2 and many packages

SAITOH Akinori question178861 na answers.launchpad.net
Tor Nov 15 13:41:19 UTC 2011

A question was asked in a language (Japanese) spoken by
none of the registered software-center in Ubuntu answer contacts.

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+question/178861

Recently. I  installd ubuntu 11.10 to 2PCs. Old dell dimension2400C and new white-box(shop made) PC.
The softwarte-center version 5.0.2  on OLD dell PC seems  works well.
But software-center on New PC  has a trouble.
On new PC, I invoked software-center I searched apache2. There is nothint match to "apache2".
So I inspected difference between two PCs.

On DELL 2400c, software center says there are 36,075 items.
On NEW pc, software center says there are 3,707 items.

I compared "software source" configuration between two PCs, and I found nothing differ.

I typed
apt-cache pkgnames |grep apache2
and I found apache2  there.  So I think underlying apt system works well.

and i tried somecommands. For example,

  apt-get update
  apt-get upgrade
  apt-get remove software-center ; apt-get install software-center
  apt-get purge software-center ; apt-get install software-center

but cound not fix software-center

Ubuntu Slovenian Quality Assurance, which is an answer contact for
Ubuntu.

Dodatne informacije o seznamu Ubuntu-l10n-slv