[Ubuntu-l10n-ptbr] Fwd: Ubuntu Desktop Course translation

André Gondim andregondim em ubuntu.com
Terça Agosto 18 17:25:53 BST 2009

Olál Amigos,

Segue um material, que apesar de ser super interessante termos traduzido,
devido ao tempo o Ubuntu em si é prioridade, mas quem tiver um tempo e
quiser dá uma olhada, segue abaixo.

Abraços e vamos que vamos,
André Gondim
E-mail: andregondim em ubuntu.com
Blog: http://andregondim.eti.br
OpenPGP keys: C9721403

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Planella <david.planella em ubuntu.com>
Date: 2009/8/13
Subject: Ubuntu Desktop Course translation
To: Ubuntu Translators <ubuntu-translators em lists.ubuntu.com>
Cc: "Julio C. Gonzalez" <juliocgc em gmail.com>, torsten em canonical.com

Hi translators,

After a question from a user, I started investigating how the Ubuntu
Desktop Course was being translated, which ended up in working together
with Torsten Spindler from the Training team to enable translations in
Launchpad.

So, without further ado, I'm happy to announce that the Ubuntu Desktop
Course is now translatable in Launchpad!

 https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-desktop-course

The Ubuntu Desktop course is released for LTS releases only, and in PDF
form. If you'd like to create a version in your language, you can follow
the instructions here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training/KnowledgeBase#HOWTO%20translate%20the%
20Ubuntu%20Desktop%20Course<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Training/KnowledgeBase#HOWTO%20translate%20the%%0A20Ubuntu%20Desktop%20Course>

Note: there are quite a few bzr branches
(https://code.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-desktop-course) from back when
the only way to create a localized version was to branch off the
official tree and translate the source files directly -although some
teams even created PO files for the translation. We tried to put those
into Launchpad, but in many of them there were different branches from
different people for a given language, which made it difficult for us to
decide which is the "better" one. Therefore, we decided to leave it to
each team to upload the existing translations, so if there is an
existing translation in your language already, I'd like to ask you to
review it and upload it if necessary.

Happy translating!

Regards,
David.