Manual import Evolution

Hannie lafeber-dumoleyn2 op zonnet.nl
Di Sep 28 08:55:31 UTC 2010

Hello David,
As with Nautilus, I have imported Evolution manually into Launchpad (I
know you adviced me only to do so when I think it necessary). The reason
is this: we finished Evolution (Master + 2.32) last week at Gnome. I
want the fully translated Evolution to be included in Maverick (deadline
in a few days).
First I imported Master, but today I imported 2.32 (not sure if it
should be evolution.master.nl.po or evolution.gnome-2-32.nl.po. There is
not much difference between the two.)
The import of evolution.master.nl.po (Master) was approved, but what I
see in Launchpad is different from the file I imported. In LP there are
126 untranslated strings. And there are strings that do not exist in the
file I imported. Example:
"The EShell singleton." I searched for this string in Evolution (Master
+ 2.32), but there was no match.
There are 4740 strings in Evolution in LP
(https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/evolution/+pots/evolution/nl/),
and 4536 strings in Evolution (Master + 2.32) at Gnome Damned Lies
(http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/evolution/gnome-2-32/po/nl). I have no
idea where this difference comes from. It might be possible that, in LP,
files like evolution-exchange, evolution-data-server etc. are merged
into Evolution itself. This is just a wild guess from me.
Like with Nautilus, I want to understand what is happening with files
from upstream.
Perhaps you can help me understand.
Regards,
Hannie