Ubuntu-l10n-hu [Fwd: Hungarian text-to-speech]

Gabor Kelemen kelemeng at gnome.hu
2007. Feb. 19., H, 11:22:14 GMT

-------- Eredeti üzenet --------
Tárgy: Hungarian text-to-speech
Dátum: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:28:56 +0000 (GMT)
Feladó: Jonathan Duddington <jonsd at jsd.clara.co.uk>
Címzett: kelemeng at gnome.hu

I found your email address listed on the Ubuntu Hungarian Team.

I am the author of the eSpeak speech synthesizer, which is due to be
included in Ubuntu Feisty "main" for use with the Orca screenreader.

I have now made a Hungarian voice for eSpeak.  I don't speak Hungarian,
so it's based on what I've read.  Hungarian spelling and pronunciation
seems fairly regular, so perhaps it's OK.

If you, or anyone else who may be interested, have any comments, then
that will be very useful.  If I get feedback from native speakers, then
I can make improvements.

One problem I know, is that eSpeak is not good at making an "r" sound,
so anything other than that :-)

The eSpeak homepage is:
   http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

The development version, which includes the Hungarian voice is at:
   http://home.clara.net/jsd/espeak/

To use the Hungarian voice, use the command-line option:
   espeak -v hu