Ubuntu-l10n-hu Re: Help Translate ubuntu-docs

Matthew East matthew.east at breathe.com
2005. Sze. 14., Sze, 13:32:46 CDT

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 11:25 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:42 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> > The Ubuntu Documentation Team has produced a couple of documents for
> > Ubuntu Breezy Badger which will be released in October. We would be
> > delighted if you would help to translate these documents into your
> > languages, which can be found at the following URL:
> >
> > https://launchpad.net/products/ubuntu-doc/+translations
>
> Dear all,
>
> Thanks very much indeed for your efforts in translating these documents,
> the response has been fantastic! However, we have recently discovered
> some problems with one of the .pot files, in the Ubuntu FAQ Guide, which
> many of you may already have noticed. This may be due to a bug in the
> tools we have used to create the pot file (gnome-doc-utils). While we
> are resolving this issue, I would ask for translation to stop on the
> faqguide. I hope that it will be resolved quickly so that we can
> continue to translate this document. I will post again when the problem
> has been resolved.
>
> If we succeed in resolving the issue, before uploading a new pot, I will
> make sure that I take a backup of all of the po files containing the
> translations that have already been done, that way I hope that the risk
> of losing any translations can be minimised.

Dear all,

The problems that we were having with the FAQguide for Breezy have
(hopefully!) been resolved now. There was a problem with our document
source which has now been fixed and a new pot has been uploaded. I am
glad to say that most of the messages that you had already translated
have been retained, so not too many translations should have been lost
in this process. There are now approximately double the number of
messages (sorry!) but this also means that the translations should be
easy to manage and will be more complete.

Enormous thanks go to Jordi Mallach, Sean Weller and Danilo Ĺ egan for
helping resolve this problem.

If anyone notices any further problems with this template, please let us
know at ubuntu-doc at lists.ubuntu.com

Thanks, and happy translating!

Matt