[UPT] Persian translation needs your help

Behnam ZWNJ Esfahbod behnam at zwnj.org
Tue Jun 3 13:41:23 BST 2008

Hi all,

Sorry for the long delay in responding questions, membership requests,
etc.  I was so busy in the past year, and unfortunately I was the only
coordinator of the team.  I will pay more attention to UPT team and I
hope you are interested in helping Ubuntu too.  I apologies for kicking
you out of the Launchpad team before; it wasn't the best way to resolve
the problem, but a bit necessary back then.

I had a discussion with Ubuntu/Launchpad admins, and we need your help
to reactivate the team.

I have updated team's wiki pages.  Please take a look at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PersianTranslationTeam again.  As Ubuntu admins
suggested, I put the Hardy translation link on the page:
https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+lang/fa
It looks like the best choice now.  Please let us know if you don't
think so.

At last I started document the Team Rules.  You can find the draft here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PersianTranslationTeam/TeamRules
Let's discuss it here.

And about the launchpad team, I separated it into two groups.
- Contributors: https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-fa , and
- Coordinators: https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-fa-contributors

Please join the ubuntu-l10n-fa-contributors group before translating on
launchpad, so other members can find you, and we can contact you easily.

And about maintaining these teams.  We need your help.  If you are
interested in community works, feel free to request to become a
maintainer of Contributors team.  Just send a note here.

Membership and maintenance of the Coordination team is a bit
different, as it affects Ubuntu distros directly.  We need your help
here too, but it cannot be as open as the Contributors team.  We need to
discuss this issue later here.

Also we decided to have closer relation with Iranian LoCo team. Some
ubuntu-ir admins have help this team already.  Thank you guys.

OK, let us know what you think.

Yours,
-Behnam

--