[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] Leaving for upstream (possibly)

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Wed Sep 19 05:35:50 BST 2007

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007, "Peter Arthur" <pete.arthur at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/3/07, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at dhanapalan.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Bruce Cowan <bruce.cowan at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> > > I think I'll be leaving this team, not that I have done much work
> > > anyway.
> > >
> > > My main reason is the fact that all of this work is for Ubuntu, and for
> > > Ubuntu only. I don't like that situation, and saying as en_GB in GNOME
> > > seems to be getting behind (95%), I will probably try to join them.
>
> I haven't done any work on this yet, but would like to. Is there anything
> that I can do
> to help with this. I joined initially for helping with the translations,
> but I can code a bit.
>
> If someone could tell me what I could start working on that would help
> with the issues here,
> I would be glad to spend a few hours helping out to get upstream
> communications and
> solve some of the technical issues. The main problem is that I don't
> understand the issues,
> having just joined this mailing list and got no response to any emails so
> far.

Our issues are outlined here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EnglishTranslation#head-237ac3bb02ff9736db3a35ccf33eb4012ef6c0ca

I suggest that you hop onto one of the Launchpad mailing lists and start a
discussion. When I did this some time ago, some of the developers expressed
interest in allowing us to work on the code. Unfortunately, nothing developed
from there.

--
		Windows: Designed for the Internet.
		The Internet: Designed for UNIX.