[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] Could we all compile a GPG keyring for this group?

Toby Smithe toby.smithe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 19:32:06 BST 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 10:28 -0500, Matt Sicker wrote:
> On Friday 01 September 2006 02:44 pm, Toby Smithe wrote:
> > I was not starting a flame war; just explaining my reason not to use
> > KMail. If I were running KDE, which is a matter purely of personal
> > opinion, then I would be more than happy to; and would also choose
> > not to install GNOME programs if I didn't have to for the same resons
> > as above.
> Okay, you use GNOME.  Have you tried Evolution?  Balsa?  Sylpheed?
> Opera?  Okay, fine, Opera is more of a KDE app, but many GNOME users
> still use it.  Thunderbird?  Mozilla Sunbird?

Well; as I wrote, I use Evolution, and I have tried Thunderbird. I don't
really wanna switch again, as it'll mean re-downloading ~3000 emails,
which - when you've gotta mark them all read except the unread ones,
gets a bit tiresome.

> Get back to me when you've tried them and found one you like.
> Sometimes, the hassle of switching mail clients is the migration of
> your data (or, in my case, it was the migration of filters which
> doesn't seem to be possible).

See above.

> By the way, if you're looking for a good and fast spam filtering program
> to attach on, try out bogofilter.  I've found it to be faster than
> spamassassin (bf is in C, sa is in Perl, I think you can see why), and
> it works quite well.  My only recommendation is to edit your
> ~/.bogofilter.cf file (or create it if it doesn't exist) and
> add "spam_cutoff = 0.75" to it (by default, it's at 0.99, and that
> means it only filters things it _knows_ must be spam, but in my
> experience, anything above 0.75 seems to be spam most of the time
> anyhow, and when it isn't, you can mark those emails as ham and
> continue on with your life).
>
> Hell, I'd recommend using mutt if you liked CLI, but I don't even use it
> (although I like the sound of it and would probably like to use it).
> And speaking of CLI, yakuake is an awesome program for your terminals
> (check it out: apt-cache show yakuake).

I don't mind the CLI, but nor do I get much spam; about 1 email per
month, and that was sorta my fault. The others are blocked by GMail
anyway. Don't you go signing me up for any either!