[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] Voting has closed. We have a winner! [WAS: Wastebasket/Deleted Items]

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Sep 3 15:26:02 BST 2006

Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> This is a warning that I am currently drafting a list of rules for this
> mailing list, one of which will be to bottom-post wherever possible. The only
> case where top-posting would make sense is for the sake of consistency with
> the quoted material, as I am doing here. Ideally, this should not happen at
> all.

Can I suggest this list not be burdened by warnings and bureaucracy?  I
don't think we need rules and regulations to run a mailing list.  I don't
like top posting, but I can tolerate it to a certain extent.  We're all
(well, I think mostly!) grown-ups, and we can govern our behaviour without
resorting to schoolmaster and pupil relationships.

Can I also suggest we get back to discussing l10n issues?  I know I've
commented on netiquette in the past, but it only needs one mention and
really doesn't need to be formally regulated, just an occasional lart for
egregious offenders.

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the