[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] Voting has closed. We have a winner! [WAS: Wastebasket/Deleted Items]

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sat Sep 2 14:49:52 BST 2006

On Saturday 02 September 2006 22:52, Malcolm <malcolm.parsons at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 9/2/06, Sridhar Dhanapalan <sridhar at dhanapalan.com> wrote:
> > "Permanently Delete" doesn't sounds as extreme as shred/destroy/wipe. To
> > the majority of users, any deletion that bypasses the Deleted Items
> > folder is considered to be permanent.
>
> OK.
>
> "Move to Trash" => "Move to Deleted Items Folder" or simply "Delete" ?

'Delete' normally implies that the Trash is being bypassed. I prefer 'Move to
Deleted Items folder', with a lower-case 'f' in 'folder' because it is a
descriptor rather than an integral part of the name.

> "Delete" => "Permanently Delete"

Sounds good to me.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://www.dhanapalan.com/yama.asc

Need to fork out $$$ for the next software upgrade? Break the cycle!
http://www.whylinuxisbetter.net