[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] Could we all compile a GPG keyring for this group?

Toby Smithe toby.smithe at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 10:46:36 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 16:10 +0100, Ben Goodger wrote:
> On 31/08/06, Matt Sicker <boards at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Like, everyone here can contribute their email GPG public key
>         so we can
>         have a keyring to download.  Fetching new keys all the time
>         takes
>         forever :(

To get mine, go to Launchpad or look below. Sorry, it *is* tedious; but
that's what makes it more secure. You *know* what you are getting.

> As a gmail user, I don't have one.
> To my knowledge.
> If anyone can point one out to me, I'd glady add it to this list.

No. Gmail doesn't use GPG, so you cannot have signed e-mail. This
restricts your use of Launchpad as well, as you cannot e-mail to bug
reports. I started to use Evolution when I began using Launchpad and GPG
to alleviate the problem. You can set Gmail up so that any e-mail
downloaded stays on their servers, so you still can use the web-mail
interface.

--
To get my public key:
gpg --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 9BC84E4E