Fwd: [Ubuntu-l10n-eng] Wiki for English translation effort

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Mon Jul 24 15:22:57 BST 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 08:08, "Ben Goodger" <goodgerster at gmail.com> wrote:
> A hard disc is still made of discs.
> I agree on the "program" bit, although this is just an americanisation as
> the original spelling was programme, i.e. a programme of instructions
> rather than a single one

That was my feeling as well.

> I spell the verb "plug in" and the computer noun "plugin" - for me there is
> no "plug-in".

Interesting. I use "plug in" for the verb and "plug-in" for the noun.

Thanks for your input, Ben. Was this intended to go to the list? If so, I can
forward it there (or you can do so yourself if you prefer).

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan
  {GnuPG/OpenPGP: http://www.dhanapalan.com/yama.asc

"Some people call you the elite, I call you my base."
	- US President George W. Bush