[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] setup/set-up, plugin/plug-in and login/log-in

Dan Bishop dan at viciouslime.co.uk
Mon Aug 28 18:38:56 BST 2006

I would always have said login, or at least I think I would.  but after
seeing all this I'm no longer sure. I have tried asking a few people now
"When you want to use a computer at school, what is the first thing you
have to do?" Once they've given me a detailed account of how a power
button works ALL of them have said, "Then you log on"...

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 15:59 +0100, Toby Smithe wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 00:52 +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
> > On Monday 28 August 2006 22:59, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> > > If we're using Google as an unscientific metric ...
> >
> > Entirely unscientific - that cannot be stressed enough.
> Seconded. And I don't think most of the results are definitive. The
> Google search system is too scientific to be used unscientifically; the
> results vary wildly depending on *exactly* how the search terms are
> given. This disgards its use as a metric.

                         Vicious Lime Signature

Dan Bishop
   dan at viciouslime.co.uk