[Ubuntu-l10n-eng] setup/set-up, plugin/plug-in and login/log-in

Paul Huxley paul.huxley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 13:16:31 BST 2006

Using google.co.uk but searching with the same terms pages *only from the
UK* you get more conclusive results:

"login to a machine" - 736
"log into a machine" - 298
"log in to a machine" - 8280

It would seem that people in the UK would tend to write each word
seperately.

Take away the machine element and there's similar popularity:

"login to" - 10.8 million results
"log into" - 1.8 million results
"log in to" - 17 million results